Friday, July 28th:
1. Higher Heights Reggae Band at 10:00pm – Café Negril
2. Wake of the Flood featuring Papa Mali & Reggie Scanlan at 10:00pm – d.b.a.
#wakeofthedead is #daveeasley who is playing a 10-string guitar from Hawaii said to be made from a single piece of koa wood, #papamali on guitar, #petebradish on drums and #reggiescanlan on bass. #deadfreaksunite was the order of the evening at #chickiewahwah where #operator and many other ripping numbers could be heard.
3. Dr. Lonnie Smith Quartet featuring Donald Harrison at 10:00pm – Snug Harbor
4. The Grid + No Good Deed at 10:00pm – The Maison
Saturday, July 29th:
1. George Gekas’ Jam of Fools at 11:00pm – Blue Nile
2. Corey Henry & the Treme Funktet at 11:00pm – d.b.a.
3. Soul Company and RnR Music Group at 10:00pm – The Maison
4. Soul Proect at 11:00pm – BMC
Sunday, July 30th:
1. Pat Casey & The New Sound at 10:00pm – The Spotted Cat
Thanks to @jewelz_hartwell for capturing this. #TBT a couple weeks ago our first run through on the incredible Jaco Pastorius tune, "Havona". Props to the horns for sight-reading and transposing in E!#cashmeonsundayhowboutdat @oscar.rossignoli @khrisroyal @ashlinparker @dasilversurfer • • • • • @jacofilm @jacopastoriusbassplayer #electricbass #Havona #makefrenchmenstgreatagain @spottedcatmusicclub #Jazz #BAM #Repost @jewelz_hartwell with @repostapp ・・・ There's no doubt I already miss the warm, sunny, music-everywhere vibes of NOLA by now…gotta get back to reality sooner or later tho..(I guess) Caught Pat Casey and the new sound rippin this nice lil' version of Jaco's "Havona" at Spotted Cat and felt like part of my #jazztourism was complete. Nice work fellas @patcaseybass @oscar.rossignoli 👊🎶 #throwbackthursday
2. CHURCH at 10:00pm – The Dragon’s Den
3. Vegas Cola Band at 9:30pm – Café Negril